How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Myrtle Beach smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a single cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface puts you in total control of your Myrtle Beach home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Myrtle Beach help you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even speak to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote operation through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Check current or recorded footage from any connected surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Myrtle Beach by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in your house and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The home screen will post a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open window or door will urge you to act. Note that you may still arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Myrtle Beach
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will probably want to add an additional user down the road. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote capability, tap email or phone and submit the details to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, go to the menu, touch users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Myrtle Beach home security system. Contact (843) 483-5033 to get started.