What should you do when your Myrtle Beach home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your family members – against the various risks you could face, like break-ins, flooding, and fire. Although your home may be ready, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Myrtle Beach home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm can be startling, bewildering, and might provoke panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and abide by these simple suggestions.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Myrtle Beach Goes Off
Nobody wants to be in this predicament, but it’s also the reason why you installed a home alarm system originally. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been tripped. What is your next move?
- Stay calm. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is beating rapidly. But staying calm is the best way to appraise what’s going on. Avoid the temptation of trying to deal with the emergency on your own instead allow your monitoring professionals and first responders to perform their job.
- Protect your family members. Your priority should be your family members and getting them out of danger. In the case of a burglary, this might involve going to a designated safe zone as far away from points of entry as possible. The trespasser was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra careful. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to vacate your residence right away.
- Don’t forget your phone. Most people keep their smartphones with them all the time these days, but you might forget to grab it during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch with your monitoring experts and obtain updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Team
Any time your home alarm system in Myrtle Beach goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will instantly act. The first move is to verify your alarm, and that means getting in contact with you. The protocol they adhere to is based on the sort of emergency. To illustrate, when the emergency is is for medical reasons, a single effort will be made to reach you before first responders are dispatched. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most frequent sort of event - a monitoring specialist will abide by these procedures to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you using the touchscreen interface. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t prompt an answer, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local law enforcement officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring specialists will follow up with you again once emergency personnel are notified.
If you're not in a position to interact with monitoring agents, don't worry. Help will still be sent even if you're not available to verify the emergency.
Get protection for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Myrtle Beach
Get prepared for any crisis with a contemporary home alarm system in Myrtle Beach from Vivint. Contact (843) 483-5033 to start the customization of your property’s defense today.